Thursday, July 8, 2010

Soul Food

17 x 14 cm
As my husband and I were walking down the street, someone called to my husband from a side street, and he disappeared to talk with the man. A few minutes later, my husband returned with a bag of potatoes and onions that this man had harvested from his garden. After eating some of the potatoes, I thought the remainder would look better in the colander than in a plastic bag sitting on the counter. And it did, so of course I thought I needed to paint it. I didn't get around to it yet, when my husband announced that we would have some potatoes for lunch/dinner today. Oh oh. He would start in two hours. I thought that's enough time to paint them. No. Not quite. He came in to start the potatoes and couldn't find them. It took him half a second to think where to look for them. He came upstairs, and sure enough, found them in my studio. I told him he could take potatoes but not the colander, and finished painting while he started cooking. Now if Gordon was here, we would wait another minute while he got his camera to take a picture of the work of art we were sitting down to eat. Soul food.

2 comments:

The Little People and Me said...

And what would you do if Kristin were there? Slice the potatoes up, fry them and eat fries while I blabbed about something and watched you paint, and tell Gordon how to edit while I eat. :)

Caladh said...

And photograph my paintings for me.

Blog Archive

Followers