Friday, July 9, 2010

The Door

12,5 cm As far as my home work goes, it's easier for me to get a plein air perspective from my studio. When I paint outside I get cameos, which, as far as perspective goes, may look more like a still life that can be painted inside. There are important factors that make a difference painting outside. Maybe the biggest one is the light. Figuring out where to put the light and shadow as it is constantly changing. And then there are all kinds of things floating around out there. Dog hair, of course, bugs (two landed on the painting today), and maybe even a bird feather. My brushes joined in and for some reason put down more hair than paint today. As the saying goes, there must be something in the air.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

This door looks really nice.

Blog Archive

Followers