Monday, October 25, 2010

Pepper Shaker

aceo
It has a "P" on the lid. 
I've been looking for glass salt and pepper shakers for painting, and when I saw this one in the store, it was pretty much what I had in mind.  But it was the only one.  I put salt in it because I need a salt shaker more often than a pepper shaker.
The dangerous thing is that I Googled pepper shaker (only because I live in Germany, where small words are combined into gargantuan words, and I couldn't remember if this was one word or two), and found a beautiful set of pewter and glass shakers from Italy.  Oh oh.

10 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Lovely, lovely painting. You did a great job on the glass and metal. I really like it!

You made me laugh about the gargantuan words in German.

Lorraine Shirkus said...

Really nice color and soft brushstrokes! Very impressionistic!

Shauna said...

This is very nice. Is a salt shaker on the horizon?

Caladh said...

Thank you Virginia. I'm thinking if I work on these this winter, next summer I can tackle a lake.

Caladh said...

Thank you Lorraine!

Caladh said...

Thanks Shauna. I'll have to think about whether the real salt shaker I bought is interesting enough to stand alone. Now if I had the Italian one...

Bloke said...

get'em!

Caladh said...

They won't tell me how much they cost.

Anonymous said...

belles phrases et bel humour dans vos présentations de peintures! j'aime votre philosophie de regarder les choses, grande ouverture d'esprit, ce n'est pas le cas dans tous les pays en France il y a perfois des gens que ne savent pas "vivre tout simplement"
j'ai plaisir à vous lire et votre talent pour ces compostions m'impressionne!
bises-cath
nice sentences and nice humour in your presentations of painting! I like your philosophy to look at things, at opening of mind, it is not case in all countries in France there are people sometimes that do not know ' live simply '
I have pleasure read you comments and your talent impress me!
cath

Caladh said...

Merci beaucoup Cath. I appreciate your comments and your views.

Blog Archive

Followers