Sunday, November 16, 2008

Velcro

The woman at the store showed me some velcro and asked if that was what I wanted. I said I wanted something a little bigger so it would be strong. Bad idea! Velcro is very dangerous. To begin with, I could hardly pull the two pieces apart so that I could sew the soft part onto the fabric for my roman blinds. Wearing a sweater was an additional problem. The loopy one kept flying to the sweater, and I was afraid of becoming a velcro mummy. I usually avoid using the stuff, and as I was putting the loopy section one onto the piece of wood, trying to measure the two parts without them touching and becoming forever one crooked piece, I thought - this is why blinds are the only reason I use velcro. Immediately, about five ideas flashed through my mind of what I could do instead of using velcro. Hmmm.... It's possible I might never use velcro again. But this time, I won. The blinds are hanging up, and I'm not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's crazy, I have to admit, I tend to avoid velcro.

Blog Archive

Followers